Rainbows at Home
Ideas for using the cards at home with
to create a positive environment for the entire family!
1. Choose the card for
Some FUN ways to choose:
- Simply shuffle the pack, one may fallout!
- OR Shuffle, spread them out, close your eyes & choose.
- OR choose one straight out of the tin.
- Choose a card in the morning over breakfast. Excellent
for reading practise! NB if your child finds it difficult
to read then please have someone else ready to read. Keep
this a positive & exciting event.
- Choose a card in the car, on the way to school!
2. Allow this
to be the FOCUS CARD FOR THE DAY!
- Throughout the day, whenever the opportunity arises
bring up the focus saying. Ex “I can’t do
that Mum! It’s too hard.” “Well remember,
‘if you think you can, you can!’”
3. DISCUSS THE CARD AT THE END OF THE
- FANTASTIC for discussion of feelings & attitudes.
Chat about the card over dinner, relating experiences
to do directly with the card.
ex. “I thought about helping others all day, I opened
the door for Mrs C.” “How did that make you
feel?” “Well, she was really happy & it
made me feel good!”
- A great opportunity to give positive feedback to your
child! You will be pleasantly surprised at what will come
- You can stay in touch with where your children are
at in all areas of their lives, as they will openly discuss
it. Be sure to stay fairly objective to allow children
to have that safe space.
- You will be able to stay in touch with what your children
are feeling, which is such an important thing…
- When the children get older they will be so used to
the discussion of feelings that they will find it easier
to stay more open with you.
- Somebody chooses a card for the whole family for the
- Each person chooses their own card for the day.
- Choose a family card for the week.
- Choose an individual card for the week.
- Ask a question about something you are having challenges
with & choose a card for an answer. (As a parent you
will always be able to find a positive way to apply that
card to the issue at hand!)
Most importantly please have fun with these!
Let the cards to be a tool to create more happiness in your
5. ART FUN!!!!!!!!!!
- Get some “liquid chalk pens” to write your
daily focus card They have great colours and simply wipe
off with a dry cloth! It can be a great motivational tool!
- Kids will love writing the saying and decorating the
- Write the saying on a window!
- Write the saying on the bathroom mirror!
- You can buy the liquid chalk pens direct from Crystal
- Make a rainbow board and blue tack your card to the board
each day! Fun for everyone to join in and make it everybody’s!
Suport your children in living happy
& successful lives!